Monday, May 19, 2014

Saturday Night Dinner


H invited friends over for Saturday dinner, we both love to entertain but above all, we both love to get down in the kitchen. I managed to get a sourdough starter going a few weeks back after hearing about the miracles of using your own starter as opposed to traditional baker's yeast. It works wonders for your digestive system and of course, does miracles for your bread in the taste category. H made a batch of his fresh farmer's cheese and we paired it with 2 loaves of my sourdough bread- thanks to Daisy, my starter. Because who doesn't name their starter?





I just placed an order for Chad Robertson's latest book Tartine Book No. 3, the third in a series of books dedicated to bread baking - can't wait until it arrives. Soon as it does, I'll be working on a new and improved version of Daisy, with the help of Chad's tips on the ultimate sourdough starter. For now, here are some shots of my bread, and H's cheese making process.



No comments:

Post a Comment